Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Website Hosting Change IP to Domain Name (in the address bar)?

Hey, I'm hosting my own site (PHP) on my own computer, using WampServer. I just put my files in C:%26gt;Wamp%26gt;www, and when i type my ip in the address bar, i see the site working.



But I really don't want to make my ip known to the public, so I bought a domain at godaddy. I know how to forward the domain to my ip, but I don't know how to make it so when i type my domain in the address bar, the site loads, and even when its done loading, it says my domain on the address bar, (not my ip, like when i forward). Any ideas?



I don't know what everyone's talking about, like apache and etc, i just use wampserver.



Any ideas?Website Hosting Change IP to Domain Name (in the address bar)?
You could use a Dynamic DNS service that's linked (http forwarded) to the domain you have bought.



So when a visitor type your domain, that is re-directed to your Dynamic DNS, which in turn is re-routed to your IP address.



Take a look at NoIP http://www.no-ip.com/ you can get a free dynamic domain with them

No comments:

Post a Comment