Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I Backup MySQL Database? Can I use same database on another source like Wordpress or e107?

Hi,



1) Is there a way to back up mysql database to my computer? So if i join a host after some time to reupload the database back to it?



2) And is there a way of useing a Vbulltin database and then change my website to wordpress and still use the old database with all the forums and usernames etc?How do I Backup MySQL Database? Can I use same database on another source like Wordpress or e107?
Use mysqldump. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/m for more info. This will backup your entire database to one file.



If you need to move your mysql database to another server, you can use mysqldump, copy the dump file to the other server, then import it using the source command in mysql.



Sorry, can't help you with your second question.

No comments:

Post a Comment