Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I upload changes to a website I created on Dreamweaver CS3 to the internet?

I am so upset, I just cannot figure out to upload the changes I made from Dreamweaver CS3 to the internet. The host and domain are cool. Can someone please give me step by step instructions? I don't think Dreamweaver is very user friendly.How do I upload changes to a website I created on Dreamweaver CS3 to the internet?
Hello,



You could use an FTP software. The tutorial below should help you with using Filezilla FTP program. Link to download: http://filezilla-project.org/ and click on download Filezilla client. Filezilla Setup article: http://www.w3hub.org/doc/filezilla/ After you login to the FTP client filezilla using

1. Your IP address (X.X.X.X)

2. Your FTP login

3. Your FTP password



You should be able to see the pages on your site. You can then drag and drop files to your server to upload or download them.



Good Luck!

Sean Colicchio

Server Engineer

Host My Site

hostmysite.comHow do I upload changes to a website I created on Dreamweaver CS3 to the internet?
Follow these steps:



1. Open Dreamweaver.

2. On the top bar, choose 'Site'.

3. Go to 'Manage Site' or select the site you are working on and click 'Edit'.

4. Under the 'Advanced' tab, under 'Remote Server', it will ask you to enter the host directory (ftp.yoursitename.com), your user name and password. Enter these.

5. Check off ';Passive FTP';

6. Click 'Test'





If everything works fine, Click 'OK' and go back to your site. On the panel that lists your files, there's an arrow facing upwards. Click this and it will put the entire site on line.



As to whether someone else can edit it, it depends on what they are capable of, if they understand uploading files, html and what NOT to change.



But technically yes, if they have access to the control panel of the site, they can edit and upload files at will.



If they do not have Dreamweaver, your friend can use an FTP client like Coreftp (for PCs) or Filezilla (PCs and Macs).



NOTE: If you upload something, and don't see the changes, you may need to try a hard refresh (Ctrl+R).



Any more questions, feel free to email me.



Good luck,



Sam
check out this site http://webnoobie.com/dreamweaver/dreamwe and go to the video ';uploading your site to the internet'; it is a video that will show you step by step instructions on how to do what your trying to do.



Ryan C
  • dedicated server
  • Name for a new kitten
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment