Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Do search engines automatically place www before website url? ex: midisandy.com with www.midisandy.com?

I'm having trouble because I set up my website url without using ';www';. Many search engines automatically place it there. The sitemap file I want to use won't work w/o ';www'; in the url. Can I change my website url without building a new site? If so, how?Do search engines automatically place www before website url? ex: midisandy.com with www.midisandy.com?
If you have registered the midisandy.com domain name you need to set up a dns record with the registrar for the CNAME www pointing to the current name of your server. This will cure the browsing problem. There may be a requirement to change a setting on the server for it to recognise this name as itself.
  • asp hosting
  • connecting database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment