Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I make an html website template?

How do I make a template using html, so that if I need to change the whole website, I only have to change 1 page? Because when you have like 50 pages e.g. home.html,contactus.html, policies.html etc, but you discover that you spelt the link ';Hoome'; wrong, you have to edit every single page to rename it to ';Home';. How do I get around this? Is there a shortcut?How do I make an html website template?
use a iframe T^T



%26lt;IFRAME name=';iframe'; src=';welcome page url'; width=400 height=500 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=auto%26gt;%26lt;/IFRAME%26gt;



paste the code in the main page, and your done!How do I make an html website template?
You can use PHP, instead of HTML, to accomplish what you need to do.
You could use IFrames, Frames, or if your webhost supports ASP, ASP.net, php, etc., etc., you could use serverside includes, simply refrence the code from a file and insert it into multiple different pages. (I recomend this over any type of frames.) check out www.w3schools.com and search these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment