Monday, November 22, 2010

Need to change my website?

I was just hired by a school and I need to change my class website that is on the school web site. Can you tell me how I can do this? Or tell me where I can look?Need to change my website?
Someone needs to tell you the following:



Access information for the web server (including FTP information). This will include a username/password.



Software - was the site built in FrontPage or DreamWeaver or some other tool?



Do you even know how to edit a web page?Need to change my website?
You will need to contact the Network Administrator of the School and have him give you your username/pass word to gain access to their webserver.
perk2u_wi is correct in what you need to get access to the page, but if you need to change the page itself then you need one of two things:



1) know html

2) an application that can do all the html code for you



Learning html is, in my opinion the best option, as it will allow you to take control of your page and there is more that you can do with your page.
Not sure I understand but edit the index file on the site with notepad or a similar text editor. It will probably be named index.html, index.php or index.hml

No comments:

Post a Comment