Monday, November 22, 2010

Change my website?

I used a company to build my website. How can I change things myself on my website. Is there some place I should log into? Thank YouChange my website?
You have to be able to access the server where your web site is hosted with an ftp access.



You will need the ftp address witch is probably ftp.yourdomainname.com

The user name and password to connect to it. You will also need to know where the file are located on the server, then extract them on your computer, modify them, put them back in.



BTW, if you don't have web programming knowledge, you shouldn't mess with anything like that, if you don't want to screw your hole siteChange my website?
You will need your FTP information. Username/Password. This will allow you access via a FTP client on your computer to get to the files on your website.



This allows you to upload and download your website files.



Then you just need an HTML editor to modify them.



For inexpensive HTML editors and an FTP client try



http://www.coffeecup.com



They have trials to see if you like them. They are easy to use and even a novice can use them.
Use leapftp to first download all the content to your PC(make a backup) , nowe modify all the files needes , upload them back to your webhost. Alternatively you can contact a web designer to code the change. Check websites like http://getafreelnacer.com/
You have to know the web hosting company that hosts your site, go to their site see how to access your site via ftp and then you log into your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment