Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I secure the password to my website?

I have a website through a hosting provider. I have been using CoreFTP to put pages onto the site. I noticed from the site's usage statistics that someone has put an anonymous proxy server onto the site and is using it to look at MySpace mostly. I reved it, but someone has put it back already. I can change the website's password easily enough, but if someone got the password in the first place, I don't want them to get it again.How can I secure the password to my website?
Do you log to your website securely?

httpS://www.whatever.com

If not then both username and password are going in plain text through the web.



Don't forget that maybe it's not your problem, the hosting provider could have a security isue.How can I secure the password to my website?
change the password of the email account associated with the website, maybe change the email address associated with the site if that's possible...

then change the website pw.

good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment