Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I access my website to change the HTML coding?

The person administering my website moved on without letting me know how to administer my website. My site is hosted by Yahoo. Can you supply me with the instructions?



Thanks.How can I access my website to change the HTML coding?
Well, someone certainly left you in the lurch, didn't they?



First, did this administrator use a site building tool, such as FrontPage or Yahoo! SiteBuilder? Because, if they did, you will need to boot that up to manage/update your website, and I can't tell you how to do that if I don't know what platform this person used to build your site.



At any rate, you can access the html pages by going here

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/services/



You will see a GO TO near the top of the page, click on the one that says Control Panel. Once there, you will see a row of tabs, click on Manage. On Manage, click on File Manager, and you will be brought to a list of your website pages. Read the instructions. Click on the edit icon of any page and you will be brought to the html, and if you know html proctols, you can change it, just don't forget to SAVE the changes once you're done.



If I can be of any more help, please feel free to email me.







I sent the following in an email, but it failed.



Click back over to that link above, look in the general upper right area of the page for ';manage your Small Business,'; click on it and to will find the Go To control panel link. They have changed things, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment