Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Problems with my Macbooks wireless connection, please help?

I just bought my macbook a few weeks ago, it could connect to my homes wireless connection fine, but lately its got a messed up and i dont have a clue how to fix it.



I'll connect to my router wirelessly, and it will work for about a minute or two, and then it will stop working for a few minutes, but still saying its connected, then it will work for another minute or two, and start not working again.



It's getting a real pain in the *** now cause every time i want to change website i need to wait for a few minutes just to connect, when its worked fine before, and my brothers microsoft laptop seems to work fine on it?



If you have any ideas please let me know, this is driving me up the wall!Problems with my Macbooks wireless connection, please help?
lets do this --

click on the apple symbol on the left hand side top corner--

go to system preferences---go to network ----on network look for the location --click and take it to automatic(do highlight airport)--click on assist me then click on the assistant----on assistant make sure the location shows you current time and date ---click continue --choose air port ---click continue ---can you see the net work you want to connect---yes still rescan -- highlight network put in the password(wireless-key) -- continue again continue again continue close all the open boxes and save the changes ---try using safari or whatever ---



to make the connection stable make sure that router modem is not kept directly on floor and as far as possible from the speakers or television etc ---



try changing the channels on the router and of course resetting it to default ----I think its too much for a day

bye

No comments:

Post a Comment